Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What should have been week 3...

Well, Sunday evening, instead of reviewing teaching notes and info for the upcoming school week (week 33 of CC), I was lying in bed watching Hurricane Isaac slowly veering our direction.  By this point, a mandatory evacuation was issued for our parish and so we began to gather our belongings to head out the next day.  My in-laws offered to have us and we took them up on that offer.  While it normally takes us 3 hours to get there, we were expected the worse - evacuation traffic.  We would pleasantly find out the next day that traffic wasn't an issue.

Thankfully, I had organized our filing cabinet during the summer and so getting all our important papers together was easy.  I emptied my courier cabinet hoping my china would be safe on my table cushioned with blankets.

Next, school books.  I know we would possibly be going for no less than 4 days.  No doubt, we were going to do school.  I wanted to keep a little normalcy for my kids.  I loaded up my Utility Tote with books, art supplies, maps, and binders.  It was quite the load:)

Since we weren't going to have CC that week I focused more on her reading, writing, and math; although, we briefly talked about Ancient Greece.  There favorite thing to do for History/Lit was listen, watch, and re-enact Aesop's Fable 'The Tortoise and the Hare'.

We were ready to be home by the following Sat.  Thankfully we had power in our house that day so we headed home.  We are thankful that house only had minor damage to the corner of the house as a result of a fallen tree limb.  No leakage so that was good.



No comments:

Post a Comment